NEET 2023 Exam: Dates, Application Form, Syllabus, Pattern, Latest Updates
About NEET 2023
As per Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019, the NEET (UG) has to be conducted as a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test [(NEET (UG)] for admission to undergraduate medical education in all medical institutions. Similarly, as per Section 14 of the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Act, 2020, there shall be a uniform NEET (UG) for admission to undergraduate courses in each of the disciplines i.e. BAMS, BUMS, and BSMS courses of the Indian System of Medicine in all Medical Institutions governed under this Act. NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to admission to BHMS course under National Commission for Homeopathy.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam in 13 languages (Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu). The single national-level undergraduate medical entrance exam, NEET UG held every year for admission to 645 medical, 318 dental, 914 AYUSH, and 47 BVSc and AH colleges in India.
Table of Contents
- NEET 2023 :Highlights
- NEET 2023 :Eligibility Criteria
- NEET 2023 :Application Process
- NEET 2023 :Exam Pattern
- Previous Year NEET Question Papers
- NEET 2023 :Mock Test
- NEET 2023 Admit Card
- NEET 2023 :Exam Centers
- NEET 2023 :Documents Required
- Highlights of NEET(UG) during 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- Language wise No. of Candidates Registered during 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- Gender wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared & Qualified during 2021 & 2022
- Category wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared & Qualified during 2021 & 2022
- No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared & Qualified in PwD Category during 2021 & 2022
- Nationality wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared & Qualified during 2021 & 2022
- Category wise No. of Candidates Qualified the test, based on qualifying criteria of NEET (UG) – 2021 & 2022
- State wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared & Qualified during 2021 & 2022
- NEET 2023: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Languages||(Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu).|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1700 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 20 Minutes|
NEET 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet the NEET 2023 eligibility criteria set by that NTA, to successfully get admission to Medical Colleges
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2023
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign Nationals|
|NEET 2023 Age Limit||Lower limit:17 years plus as on December 31, 2023|
Upper age Limit: None
|Qualifying exam details required for NEET||Class 12 or equivalent with PCB.|
|Class 12 percentage required for NEET 2023||Gen/ OBC: Minimum 50% in PCB and aggregate|
SC/ST: Minimum 40%
|NEET attempt limit||No limit|
|Class 12 Board||Students from recognized boards including NIOS and open schools|
|Biology as an extra subject||Allowed|
NEET 2023 Application Process
The steps to fill out the NEET 2023 application form are as below:
- Registration– Go to official website neet.nta.nic.in and register for NEET 2023 by entering the asked details such as an active phone number and email ID. After entering the details, the NEET 2023 application number will be generated.
- Filling the Application Form: After the successful registration, go to the NTA NEET website again and log in through the candidate login. Upon reaching the application form, enter the asked details such as personal, academic and others.
- Upload Documents: In the thrift step, upload the scanned images of the photograph, signature and other documents as per the specification mentioned in the NEET 2023 Brochure.
- Paying NEET 2023 Application Fee– Pay the registration fee through Debit/Credit card/ Net banking/ UPI.
- Taking Printout of the Confirmation Page– Candidates must save a copy of the Confirmation Page of the NEET Exam 2023.
NEET 2023 Application Form Fee
|OBC NCL/EWS||Rs 1600|
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper-based (Offline)|
|Duration||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Language||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi and Malayalam.|
|Subjects||Biology (Botany+Zoology), Physics and Chemistry|
|Level of NEET 2023 questions||10+2|
|Total Questions asked||200|
|Total Questions to be answered||180|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Marks for a correct answer||4 marks|
|Negative marking||-1 mark|
Previous Year NEET Question Papers
Previous year’s NEET question paper all codes: (English & Hindi)
|NEET 2022 Question Combined Sets||English||Hindi|
|E1+F1+G1+H1||Click here||Click here|
|E2+F2+G2+H2||Click here||Click here|
|E3+F3+G3+H3||Click here||Click here|
|E4+F4+G4+H4||Click here||Click here|
NEET 2023 Exam day schedule (Tentative)
|NEET schedule||Date and Time|
|Duration of NEET Exam||2:00 PM to 5:20 PM (3 hours, 20 minutes)|
|Last entry in the examination hall for NEET 2023||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in the NEET exam room||1:15 PM|
|Announcement instructions and verifying NEET admit cards||1:30 PM to 1:45 PM|
|Distribution of the NEET 2023 test booklet||1:45 PM|
|Writing of particulars on the Test Booklet by the candidates||1:50 PM|
|Commencement of NEET examination||2:00 PM|
|NEET exam 2023 concludes||5:20 PM|
NEET 2023 Mock Test
Candidates wishing to practice at the NEET TPCs must register and book the slot and go to the college to practice. The questions asked in these mock tests for NEET will be based on the past question papers of the exam.
Steps for NEET 2023 NTA Mock Tests
- Practice on the official NEET mock test on NTA website by clicking here.
- Select NEET and the subject to start the test.
- The login credentials are dummy and hence candidates must press the “enter” key to start the mock test for the chosen subject.
NEET 2023 Admit Card
Registered candidates will be able to download the admit card for NEET 2023 at www.ntaneet.nic.in. NEET 2023 admit card is mandatory on the exam day. Steps to download the admit card of NEET 2023 are as follows:
Steps to download the NEET Admit Card
Step 1: Click on the candidate login
Step 2: Enter the NEET 2023 application number, date of birth and security pin
Step 3: NEET 2023 Admit Card will be displayed
Step 4: Download the Admit card and check the details
Step 5: Print if the details are correct.
NEET 2023: Details on Admit Card
- NEET 2023 Application Number and Roll No
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Residential address
- The Medium of the NEET 2023 Question Paper.
- Test Centre Details
- NEET 2023 Exam date and time
What to carry along with the NEET 2023 Admit Card?
- A passport-size photograph is to be pasted on the attendance sheet at NEET 2023 Exam hall. Photo must be the same as uploaded in the Application of NEET 2023.
- A valid original Photo ID – PAN Card/ Passport/ Ration Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Any Govt ID
- PwD Certificate (only for PwD candidates)
- Proforma of NEET Exam Admit Card with a Postcard Size photo pasted on it
NEET 2023: Dress Code
NEET 2023: Dress code for Male Candidates
- What is allowed: half sleeve shirts/T-shirts, Trousers and simple pants and sandals and chappals with thin soles
- What is not allowed: clothes with zip pockets, pockets, big buttons or elaborate embroidery, Kurta Pajamas and shoes
NEET 2023: Dress code for female candidates
- What is allowed: Half-sleeved clothes and sandals and chappals with thin soles
- What is not allowed: Clothes with elaborate embroidery, flowers, brooches or big buttons, full arm length sleeves, high heels and thick sole shoes and jewellery like earrings, nose rings, rings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets or anklets
NEET 2023: Exam Day instructions
Candidates must follow the given guidelines during NEET 2023 exam:
- Candidates must sign the attendance sheet and admit card of NEET 2023 in front of the invigilator.
- They must submit the photograph to be pasted on the NEET exam attendance sheet.
- Candidates must read and understand all the instructions mentioned on the NEET question paper
- All details in the particulars section of the NEET 2023 OMR Sheet must be filled in legible handwriting. Care must be taken to ensure details are correct.
- Candidates must not talk to other candidates and must maintain silence during the NEET exam.
- They must not indulge in malpractices and avoid carrying objects, gadgets and other things that are barred from the NEET 2023 exam.
- With the COVID pandemic threat still in place, candidates must also follow social distancing, wear masks and carry sanitizer to the exam hall for NEET 2023.
- The exam will be video graphed so candidates must ensure they sit upright and avoid any suspicious activity or behavior.
NEET 2023: Exam Centers (State Wise)
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Daman and Diu||Daman|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|North 24 Parganas|
NEET 2023: Documents Required at Exam Center
- NEET 2023 Admit Card
- One Passport Size Photograph
- PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph) /Ration card/any other valid government ID
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority if applicable
- Letter of undertaking of own scibe if applicable
Highlights of NEET(UG) during 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
|No. of candidates registered||1519375||1597435||1614777||1872343|
|No of Candidates Present||1410755||1366945||1544273||1764571|
|No of Candidates Absent||108620||230490||70504||107772|
|Number of Cities||154||155|
Kuwait and Dubai)
497 (including 14
cities outside India)
|Number of Languages||11||11||13||13|
|Number of centres||2546||3862||3858||3570|
Number of Centre / Deputy Centre
|Number of invigilators||128000||266240||269140||156504|
|Number of Observers||3600||5818||5880||3911|
|No of City Coordinators||163||195||202||494|
Language wise No. of Candidates Registered during 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
|Registered Candidates Count|
|ENGLISH & HINDI||1384825||1467672||1494161||1734851|
Gender wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared and Qualified during 2021 and 2022
Category wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared and Qualified during 2021 and 2022
|NEET(UG) – 2021||NEET(UG) – 2022|
No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared and Qualified in PwD Category during 2021 and 2022
|NEET(UG) – 2021||NEET(UG) – 2022|
Nationality wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared and Qualified during 2021 and 2022
Category wise No. of Candidates Qualified the test, based on qualifying criteria of NEET (UG) - 2021 and 2022
|Qualifying Criteria||NEET(UG) 2021||NEET(UG) 2022|
|UR/EWS||50th Percentile||720 – 138||770881||715-117||881402|
|OBC||40th Percentile||137 – 108||66907||116-93||74458|
|SC||40th Percentile||137 – 108||22384||116-93||26087|
|ST||40th Percentile||137 – 108||9310||116-93||10565|
UR / EWS &
137 – 122
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||137 – 108||288||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||136 – 108||98||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||135 – 108||21||104-93||13|
State wise No. of Candidates Registered, Appeared and Qualified during 2021 and 2022
|NEET (UG) – 2021||NEET (UG) – 2022|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||914||816||413||1000||959||521|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||776||671||288||921||870||465|
|Daman & Diu||386||317||144||427||379||195|
|Jammu and Kashmir||34615||31479||14743||38140||36374||20005|
NEET 2023: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Who conducts the NEET 2023 UG exam?
A: NEET 2023 UG Exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q: When will be NEET UG 2023 conducted?
A: NEET UG 2023 will be conducted tentatively in mid-June.
Q: When will NEET 2023 Admit Card be released?
A: NEET 2023 admit card is expected to be released a week before the exam.
Q: Can I make changes in the NEET 2023 application form?
A: Yes, registered candidates can make changes in the NEET 2023 application within the stipulated dates.
Q: Will the NEET 2023 exam pattern remain the same as last year?
A: The NEET exam pattern is expected to remain the same as last year.
Q: Will the NEET UG syllabus 2023 change?
A: As of now, there has been no indication about changing the exam syllabus of NEET UG. Hence, NEET 2023 syllabus will remain the same as that last year.
Q: What are the regional language options available for NEET UG 2023?
A: NEET UG question paper is available in 13 languages.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for NEET?
A: As per the eligibility criteria of NEET, candidates should pass the Class 12 Board exam from a recognised institute and board from the Science stream with a minimum of 50 per cent aggregate (40 per cent for OBC/SC/ST and 45 per cent for PwD category candidates). They should be a minimum of 17 years of age as of December 31 of the year of admission.
Q: Is there any upper age limit for taking NEET UG?
A: There is no Upper age limit for NEET 2023
Q: How many times can I appear for NEET?
A: The exam is conducted once a year.
A candidate can appear for NEET any number of times. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted.