NRI MBBS Admission in India
People nowadays opt for global career opportunities in different countries. The person who work or reside outside India for more than 180 days in a year are called NRIs (Non Residential Indians).
NRI Quota In Admissions
NRIs play an important role in the growth of Indian economy as they earn foreign exchange. Indian government always encourages NRI candidates and tries to support these people to fulfil their dreams of admission of their ward in India. Indian government has reserved some seats for admission in Government and private colleges/Universities for wards of NRI, known as NRI quota.
NRI MBBS Admission in India
As we all know that medical admissions in India are the hot deals so for MBBS admissions in India the government has reserved some seats for wards of NRI candidates, known as NRI MBBS Admission quota. This quota applies to wards of NRI candidates on submission of an authorization letter clearly mentioning that he will sponsor his ward. Based on the NRI quota, the NRI candidates can get MBBS admission in government or private medical colleges in India.
NRI Reservation in Medical Colleges
MBBS admission seats are divided into all-India and state quotas, with 15% of MBBS seats in the all-India quota and 85% in the state quota. (For students residing in India).
In addition to the all-India and state quotas, there is also a special 15% quota for NRI (non-resident Indian) called the NRI quota, which is reserved by MCI for students who live and study outside India but originally belong to the country. The NRI quota also includes students of Indian origin (POI) and overseas Indian citizens (OCI).
MCI (Medical Council of India)
MCI (Medical Council of India) allocates seats in various colleges for MBBS admission on the basis of students’ score/ranking category of the students in NEET examination. NEET 2022 is conducted for MBBS admission in India and is mandatory for admission in India and abroad.
Qualification of NRI MBBS Admission
Even if the student is NRI sponsored, he/she has to qualify the NEET exam to get admission in any government or private medical college in India. The aspirant has to qualify the NEET exam to get admission in any Government or Private Medical College in India.
Counselling of NRI MBBS Admission
Only qualifying NEET exam is not enough for admission, after qualifying exam NRI student has to apply for any Indian quota or state quota counseling. On basis of merit the college allotment process will be completed, after medical college allotment student will report to college and verify all documents, only then his or her admission will be confirmed. For each state admission rules and regulations are different each state has different norms for counseling, dates, fees and college cut-off. They vary from state to state and from college to college. The process is the same for all applicants, including NRI students. Reservation quota policies may vary by state.
NEET College Predictor 2022
V4edu NEET College Predictor clears your doubts about admission in different colleges, from different states, according to your rank, category and domicile and the most important according to your budget. V4Edu NEET College Predictor 2022 is free tool for NEET Aspirants, It Predict MBBS admission Chances on Basis of NEET Rank and uses previous years data to predict the college.
NRI MBBS Admission FAQ:
Q. What is NRI Quota Criteria?
Students/candidates come under the NRI quota students as they are meeting following criteria,
- Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and their children are considered as NRI
- Students who are children of State or Central Government employees, who are staying abroad on deputation period are considered as NRI.
- Students must belong to Indian origin and live or study in a foreign country.
- Indian citizens’ children staying abroad for business or employment are also considered as NRI.
- Candidates who are born abroad but the parents are of Indian origin fall under the NRI category.
Q. What is NRI Quota MBBS Admission Eligibility?
- Candidates must have qualified NEET exam.
- Students must fulfil NRI quota criteria
- Candidates applying under NRI sponsorship must have a real blood relation to the financial supporter, be it the mother, sister, father, brother, aunt or uncle.
Q. What Documents required for NRI Quota MBBS Admission in India?
- Class 10th (X )Mark sheet
- Class 10th (X )Passing Certificate
- Class 12th (XII )Mark sheet
- Class 12th (XII )Passing Certificate
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination
- Equivalence Certificate if education is from Foreign Board/University
- Documents claiming that the person who is going to sponsor is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsored)
- Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of
- Affidavit from the sponsored that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate duly notarized.
- Embassy Certificate of the Sponsored (Certificate from the Consulate)
- Valid NEET UG Score Card of the candidate