KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, NEPAL
B.P.Highway, Panauti 45209, Nepal
For Admission Update
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal | Application Procedure, Fees Structure , Eligibility, Document Required
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS) is one of the leading medical schools in Nepal. It is located in Dhulikhel, Kathmandu and was established in 1991. KUSMS offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of medicine, health sciences and nursing. It is also renowned for its research and clinical training programs. The university is committed to providing high quality education and healthcare services to the local community. It has also developed strong partnerships with international institutions to increase the quality of medical education and research.
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal: Table of Content
- About MBBS Course and Eligibility
- About Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal Fee Structure 2023-2024
- Admissions Process for Indian Students in Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
- Documents Required in Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
- FAQ: Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
About MBBS Course and Eligibility
|Intake months for MBBS Course||The school accepts applications for MBBS courses twice a year, in June and December.|
|Basic Eligibility||To be eligible for admission to the MBBS course at KUSMS, applicants must have completed their 10+2 level of education with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as major subjects with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board or university.|
|NEET Entrance Exam||Compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees||The approximate tuition fees for the MBBS course is Rs.3,50,000/- per year.|
|Course Duration||The duration for MBBS course at KUSMS is 5 years.|
The medium of instruction for MBBS course at KUSMS is English.
About Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
|University Establishment Year||Kathmandu University was established in 1991.|
|Universities Recognition||Kathmandu University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Nepal.|
|Ranking of University||Kathmandu University is ranked 32nd among all the universities in Nepal.|
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal Fee Structure 2023-2024
|Program||Foreign (with in SAARC)||One third Amount||Foreign (Other than SAARC)||One third Amount|
|MBBS||$ 75,021||$ 25,007||$ 90,016||$ 30,005|
|BDS||$ 36,575||$ 12,192||$ 41,800||$ 13,933|
Admissions Process for Indian Students in Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
The admission process for an Indian student to Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences Nepal (KUSMS) is as follows:
- Fill in an online application form available on the college’s website.
- Submit the required documents along with the application form.
- After the successful submission of the online application form, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant.
- The applicant will then be required to appear for an entrance exam.
- Once the entrance exam is cleared, the applicant will be required to appear for an interview.
- After the successful completion of the interview, the applicant will then be required to submit the necessary fees and documents.
- After the successful completion of the registration process, the applicant will be given an admission letter.
- The applicant will then be required to report to the college on the specified date, along with the admission letter.
Documents Required in Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
- Eligibility: Indian students must have a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Application Procedure: Indian students must fill in the online application form available on the official website of Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS).
- Documents Required: Indian students must submit the following documents along with their online application form:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Valid passport
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate
- Entrance Exam: Indian students must appear for the NEET UG exam and secure minimum qualifying marks for admission to Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS).
- Selection Process: After the entrance examination, the college will shortlist eligible candidates for the next round of selection process. This will include an interview and medical test.
- Fees: The fees for Indian students vary according to the course and the choice of hostel.
FAQ: Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, Nepal
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS) Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal is a medical school that offers a wide range of medical services, research and teaching programs for medical students and health professionals. It is affiliated to Kathmandu University and is one of the leading medical schools in Nepal.
KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal offers a wide range of courses that cover all the major disciplines of medical sciences. These include MD, MBBS, MDS, BSc in Nursing, BSc in Medical Technology, MSc in Public Health and many more.
KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal follows a competitive and selective admission process. All applicants must submit their application, transcripts, and other documents before the deadline. The selection process includes an entrance exam, interview and medical examination.
The fees for the courses vary depending on the course and duration. For example, the fees for MD is around Rs. 2.5 lakhs and the fees for MDS is around Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
The duration of the courses at KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal varies depending on the course. The MD course has a duration of 4 years, while the MDS course is of 3 years duration.
The eligibility criteria for admission to KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal include a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science stream, an MCAT score of at least 50% and a minimum of 50% marks in English language.
Yes, financial aid is available for students at KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal. The university offers scholarships and loans for deserving students.
Yes, KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The hostels are equipped with all modern amenities, including Wi-Fi and 24-hour security.
KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal provides a wide range of facilities to its students, including a library, laboratories, sports complex, cafeteria, auditorium, and many other facilities.
After completing a course from KUSMS Dhulikhel Kathmandu Nepal, students can pursue a career in the medical field, such as in a hospital, research institute, or medical college. There are also opportunities to pursue higher studies in medical sciences.