MBBS IN PHILIPPINES
Key Cities: Manila, Davao, Quezon
For Admission Update
Study MBBS In Philippines: About Country, Advantages, Top Colleges, Eligibility & Documents 2023-2024
The Philippines or the Republic of Philippines is one of the prominent south-east Asian nations with the world’s greatest biodiversity. Situated in the western Pacific Ocean, the country is an amalgamation of more than 7,000 islands. The Philippines attracts people due to its beautiful beaches, heritage towns, monuments, rainforests and more. This enriched Asian nation has witnessed rapid development in the field of tourism, infrastructure and medicine. Apart from being a tourist destination, the Philippines has also become a major attraction for students looking forward to pursuing medicine as their career.
MBBS in Philippines is a good option for the Indian Student. the curriculum Of MBBS is same as Indian MBBS curriculum. If you are looking for a country other than India that can offer an affordable MBBS course, Philippines can be one of them.
MBBS In Philippines: Table of Content
- About Philippines
- Details About MBBS In Philippines 2024-25
- MBBS Admission Philippines 2024-25
- Recognition of Philippines Medical Colleges
- Top MBBS Colleges in Philippines 2024-25
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Philippines 2024-25
- Admission Process for MBBS in Philippines 2024-25
- MBBS In Philippines Vs MBBS in India
- MBBS In Philippines 2024-25 – Eligibility criteria
- NEET Cut-off
- MBBS In Philippines 2024-25 : Documents Required
- MBBS In Abroad Admission Support
- FAQ: MBBS In Philippines 2024-25
|300,000 km2 (120,000 sq mi)
|Capital: Manila Largest city: Quezon City
|Filipino, English (Official Language)
|Temperatures usually range from 21 °C (70 °F) to 32 °C (90 °F). The most fantastic month is January; the warmest is May.
|Christianity, Islam, Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Other Christians.
Details About MBBS In Philippines 2024-25
Before reading the complete information about Study MBBS in Philippines, let’s look at Quick Facts.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)
|5 Years/5.5 Years
|10+2 (PCB) with 50% for General Category
40% for SC/ST Category
|Medium of Teaching
|NMC, WHO, ECFMG & WFME
|Cost of Living in the Philippines
|Minimum Course Fee
|NEET Qualified (Only)
MBBS Admission Philippines 2024-25
You are welcome to start your MBBS path in the Philippines in 2024–25. The Philippines is a sun-kissed group of islands where turquoise waters lap against pristine shores and volcanoes sleep in the middle of lush jungles. The Philippines has beautiful scenery and a lively culture. It also has a compelling road to medical excellence that is affordable, known around the world, and includes an unforgettable cultural immersion.
Recognition of Philippines Medical Colleges
The most important things that determine a good medical college from a great one are its affiliation, fame, and other factors related to affiliation. These groups are connected to Philippines MBBS Colleges.
- The Philippines Ministry of Education
- The National Medical Council of India (NMC)
- WHO stands for the World Health Organization.
- ECFMG stands for the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- FAIMER, which stands for “The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research.”
Top MBBS Colleges in Philippines 2024-25
The latest list of all the medical or MBBS colleges in Philippines for 2024–25 has been made by the Medical Council of India. Click on the college link for more information about the college’s fees, courses, admissions process, placement rates, cut-offs, facilities, and a full review of the college.
|Ama School Of Medicine, Philippines
|University Of Perpetual Help
|Davao Medical School Foundation
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Philippines 2024-25
- 3rd Largest English Speaking Country: Students face no difficulty in understanding the course as the medium of teaching in all the major universities is English. The Philippines is also the 3rd largest English speaking country in the world.
- Gateway to USA: MBBS from Philippines provides a gateway to the USA. Philippines follow the same pattern of education as that of USA i.e. 2 years BS + 4 years of MD. This further helps students to prepare for USMLE to pursue their PG or Internship in the USA.
- Awesome Weather: Philippines have moderate tropical weather; being surrounded by sea, it has weather similar to that of Indian cities like Mumbai/Kolkata.
- Disease Pattern Same as India: Because of tropical and moderate climate, disease patterns in the Philippines are mainly similar to that of India. This specifically helps Indian students to get hands-on experience for Indian patients.
- Highest FMGE Passing Percentage: During 2012-13 to 2016-17 students pursuing MBBS in the Philippines had the 2nd highest MCI Passing Percentage.
- Low & Affordable Fee: Cost of MBBS from Philippines is almost half the cost of Private Medical Colleges in India. Moreover, there are no Donations or Hidden charges.
- Low Cost of Living: Since there is no major difference between Indian and Philippines’ currency, the cost of living in the country is affordable for Indian students.
- Availability of Indian Food: Indian food is easily available in the university.
- No Admission Test: No additional test such as IELTS/ TOEFL is required for Admission in the Philippines Medical Universities.
- Faculty to Student Ratio: The Faculty to Student Ratio is 1:14 which ensures that every student gets individual attention.
- Eligibility for International Licensing Exams: Students pursuing their medical degrees in Philippines are eligible to apply for International Licensing Exams such as MCI Screening Test, USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world. This makes them eligible to either practice globally or pursue higher education from any country.
- International Exposure: The students are encouraged to take part in various seminars and international conferences.
- Globally Recognized Universities: Universities of Philippines are globally recognized by International Bodies and Organizations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI), FAIMER, World Health Organization (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine), UNESCO and AMEE.
- Comprehensive Syllabus: The syllabus designed for MBBS in Philippines is very detailed and is accepted across the medical platform of the world.
Admission Process for MBBS in Philippines 2024-25
To get into an MBBS college in Philippines, you must do the following:
- Use the university site to apply.
- Take a picture of the papers and send them off.
- You have 48 hours to get the welcome letter.
- Pay the fees to sign up.
- Fill out the Visa form.
- You have two weeks to get the Visa.
- Tell them when you will be arriving.
- Take a plane to Philippines and start going to class.
MBBS In Philippines Vs MBBS in India
|MBBS in India
|MBBS in Philippines
|MBBS, which stands for “Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery,” is India’s most basic graduate degree.
|M.D. stands for “Doctor of Medicine,” which is the same name for the college medical degree in the Philippines as it is in the United States.
|MBBS competitive exams are open to students who have finished their 10+2 with science.
|In the Philippines, people who want to become doctors must first finish two years of B.S. (Bachelor of Science) classes. Students who have finished 10+2 need to finish their B.S. study at the Philippines Medical College. B.S. programmes last between 10 and 18 months, depending on which university you choose to go to college for medicine. To get into the M.D. college after getting your B.S., you have to take the NMAT (National Medical Aptitude Test).
|There is a lot of study in human anatomy, physiology, medical biochemistry, pathology, applied medicine, microbiology, dermatology, paediatrics, otolaryngology, and general surgery during MBBS.
|In the Philippines, learning by doing and objective paper models are given more weight.
|Pursuing MBBS in India is expensive.
|The entire cost of education, including the stay in the Philippines, is a lot more reasonable compared to India.
MBBS In Philippines 2024-25 - Eligibility criteria
Philippines has become one of the most popular places for foreign students to get their medical degrees. Check the list below to see if you meet the requirements to study MBBS in Philippines.
|It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)
|Medium of Teaching
|Duration of Course
|MBBS In Abroad
Candidates need to score a minimum percentile to qualify for the medical entrance test. Category wise NEET Cut-Off is as follows.
NEET 2023 Cutoff
NEET 2022 Cutoff
MBBS In Philippines 2024-25 : Documents Required
Documents Required For Visa:-
- A valid passport
- Passport size photograph
- A complete VISA application form
- Admission letter from the university
- A Health Check-up form
Documents To Be Submitted Before Enrollment:-
- Health and Travel Insurance
- A valid passport and VISA
- Birth Certificate (in the English Language)
- Six months bank statement of parents/guardian
- A letter of authorisation
- A no-objection certificate
- A sponsor letter
- Six passport size photographs with white background
MBBS In Abroad Admission Support
FAQ: MBBS In Philippines 2024-25
Here are the worst things about learning MBBS in the Philippines: The programme for pre-med or BS: People in the Philippines who have finished class 12 and passed the NEET test cannot go straight into the MBBS programme, which is also known as MD Physician.
In the United States, the top level of medical education is called M.D. They also call it an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) because that’s how they teach in the Philippines. MBBS competitive exams are open to students who have finished their 10+2 with science.
2.5 Lakhs to 25 Lakhs per year
If you want to study in an Asian country, the Philippines is a good choice. The University of Perpetual Help Rizal, Emilio Aguinaldo College – School of Medicine, UV Gullas College of Medicine, and Davao Medical School Foundation are the best places in the Philippines to get your MBBS.
Students choose to go to the Philippines because of its low cost, good quality of education, and ability to speak their language.